Early childhood education is a very integral part of a child and his parent’s life. Though the truth is that this is the time when the parents are usually at ease, as they feel there isn’t much they have to take care of during this time. However, studies have proven that this phase is the most important in a child’s life.
This is the time when your child is being prepared for the REAL schooling (like they say). Its also true that far too many children enter school not prepared and when unprepared children begin school, they tend to fall further and further behind.
All children need to enter school ready and able to succeed, and this is successful primarily with the family’s involvement.
When families are involved in their children’s early childhood education, children may experience greater success once they enter elementary school. We define educational involvement of families as activities that parents conduct at home and in early childhood settings to directly or indirectly support their children’s learning.
Its evident that the family’s involvement in young children’s education may contribute not only to a smooth transition to elementary school for children, but also for parents, by helping to prepare them for later involvement in their children’s learning.
Do you want an answer to this important question : How can I help my child succeed in school??? :
1. Stay involved and feel free to contact your child’s teacher with any questions or concerns- It is extremely important for you as a parent to show your enthusiasm and interest in your child’s life. The teacher should get the message across that you are completely involved in all the school activities. This will also give a confidence to you child that you care, about what is happening out there.
2. Let the Goodbyes and greetings be special – Its clearly evident that if a parent hugs the child and bids goodbye to the child in a happy mode, the child carries the same enthusiasm and positivity inside the classroom.
4. Ask your child about school and encourage them to talk about their day- This is yet another important activity to do during the day. The child should be encouraged to describe his/her day at school. This will help your child understand that you care about what happens at the school. Show enthusiasm when you are discussing.
5. Read with your child every night- Make this a habit. Reading is not only a great habit but also inculcating it in your everyday routine will help in the child’s brain development and its any day better than giving your child a gadget to entertain himself.
6. Make sure your child is getting plenty of sleep and is ready for school each day- I am sure all parents know the importance of sleep (and who knows it better than a toddler’s parent). A well slept child has a lot of energy during the school hours which helps the child be active and concentrate in the school activities.
7. Help your child with his/her homework everyday- The parent’s involvement keeps the energy and enthusiasm on in the child. The child feels more connected this way. Also the child gets the message that the parent is equally in it with him/her.
8. Teach your child to be responsible for their actions and their schoolwork- Encourage your child to be responsible. Keep repeating to him/her how important it is for him/her to follow instructions in the school and how important it is to follow the rules too.
P.S. share my article and spread the love . Lets make motherhood ROCKING!!
Please do share with me your views on the post and also if it helps you in any way!!!
For me parenting is all about love and fun. My girls and I believe in jamming out in the car, in dancing in the rains, and in miracles. We believe in smiling till our cheek hurt and laughing till our neighbours’ ears burst. Parenting definitely comes with loads of challenges,but trust me facing these challenges becomes much more easier by having a fun and a happy attitude towards it.
Latest posts by Preetjyot (see all)
- 5 benefits of playing Sudoku - July 29, 2017
- How I bust gender stereotypes – My parenting mantra Blog train - July 21, 2017
- Globetrotters Review | Unique subscription box for kids - July 11, 2017