I am not kidding, there really is a day called Reading is Funny Day. Though this a rare known fact. 1st April is also celebrated as reading is funny day 😀
April Fool’s Day is a perfect day to show your kids that reading can be both funny and fun.
Are you tired of trying to get your child away from the gaming console, the mobile phone or the television??? This might be the day for you..
Reading is Funny Day is the best day to show your kids that reading can be just as much fun as most of the entertainment sources they rely on. There’s a huge variety of these books available, be it books with jokes Riddles or funny stories.
Take this day as an opportunity to show your child how fun reading can be.
Here is what you can do to make this day really special for your child:
1. Download Riddles from the internet to get your child engaged. You will find a vast variety of age specific Riddles to choose from.
2. Take your child out to a bookstore nearby. There are some really cool ones around ( my favourite one is Crosswords). Let your child walk around by himself and check out various options available for the kids. Be ready for some questions as this inquisitive little child would be too curious about this new world of books.
3. This one is my favorite. Spend the day making up funny stories of your own. Trust me, these little brains can be really funny to make you laugh your lungs out 😉
Set this day aside to concentrate on just having fun reading. This can be a real eye opener to today’s children, and this may encourage your child to start to read on his own on other days of the year.
Please do share with me your views on the post and also if it helps you in any way!!
For me parenting is all about love and fun. My girls and I believe in jamming out in the car, in dancing in the rains, and in miracles. We believe in smiling till our cheek hurt and laughing till our neighbours’ ears burst. Parenting definitely comes with loads of challenges,but trust me facing these challenges becomes much more easier by having a fun and a happy attitude towards it.
Latest posts by Preetjyot (see all)
- 5 benefits of playing Sudoku - July 29, 2017
- How I bust gender stereotypes – My parenting mantra Blog train - July 21, 2017
- Globetrotters Review | Unique subscription box for kids - July 11, 2017