In this post you will find a list of things that I followed to help my children succeed at their preschool ( Hope this helps you all too) .
Early childhood education is an integral part of a child and her parent’s life. This is the time when the parents are usually at ease, as they feel there isn’t much they have to take care of during this phase. However, studies have proven that this phase is the most important in a child’s life.
This is the time when your child is being prepared for the REAL schooling (like they say). Its also true that far too many children enter school not prepared and when unprepared children begin school, they tend to fall further and further behind.
All children need to enter school ready and able to succeed, and this is successful primarily with the family’s involvement.
A child whose family is equally involved in her early education may experience greater success once she enters the elementary school. By ‘educational involvement’ of families I mean activities that the parents conduct at home which directly or indirectly support their children’s learning.
Its evident that the family’s involvement in young children’s education may contribute not only to a smooth transition to elementary school for children, but also for parents, by helping their kids prepare for the later involvement in their children’s learning.
Do you want an answer to this important question :
How to help your child succeed at school?
Well! Here’s the answer:
1. Stay involved and feel free to contact your child’s teacher with your questions or concerns- It is extremely important for you as a parent to show enthusiasm and interest in your child’s life. The teacher should get the message across that you are completely involved in all the school activities. This will also give a confidence to you child that you care about what is happening out there.
2. Let the Goodbyes and greetings be special – Its clearly evident that if a parent hugs the child and bids goodbye to the child in a happy mode, the child carries the same enthusiasm and positivity inside the classroom.
4. Ask your child about school and encourage her to talk about her day- This is yet another important activity to do during the day. The child should be encouraged to describe her day at school. This will help your child understand that you care about what happens at the school. Show enthusiasm when you are discussing.
5. Read with your child every night- Make this a habit. Reading is not only a great habit but also inculcating it in your everyday routine will help in the child’s brain development and its any day better than giving your child a gadget to entertain herself.
6. Make sure your child is getting plenty of sleep and is ready for school each day- I am sure all parents know the importance of sleep (and who knows it better than a toddler’s parent). A well slept child has a lot of energy during the school hours which helps the child to be active and concentrate in the school activities.
7. Help your child with his/her homework everyday- The parent’s involvement keeps the energy and enthusiasm level high in the child. The child feels more connected this way. Also the child gets the message that the parent is equally in it with her.
8. Teach your child to be responsible for her actions and her schoolwork- Encourage your child to be responsible. Keep repeating to her how important it is for her to follow instructions in the school and how important it is to follow the rules too.
Get on a discovery session With Life Coach Preet and discover new horizons. Reach me on Instagram to book one to one session or a group session.
??????????????? ?????????? ( ?????????) ????? ?????????? ??????????? EXPERT (???),???? ????? ??? ????, ????????? ????? & COACH FOR TEACHERS
If you found this post helpful or if you know of someone who could benefit from this, please go ahead and share this.
Feel free to personally contact me on my Instagram account or at email@example.com for any personal support.
Also, don’t forget to share your views in the comment section below
Follow me on Social Media to stay connected: