In this post you will find a list of things that I followed to help my children succeed at their preschool ( Hope this helps you all too) .
Early childhood education is an integral part of a child and her parent’s life. This is the time when the parents are usually at ease, as they feel there isn’t much they have to take care of during this phase. However, studies have proven that this phase is the most important in a child’s life.
This is the time when your child is being prepared for the REAL schooling (like they say). Its also true that far too many children enter school not prepared and when unprepared children begin school, they tend to fall further and further behind.
All children need to enter school ready and able to succeed, and this is successful primarily with the family’s involvement.
A child whose family is equally involved in her early education may experience greater success once she enters the elementary school. By ‘educational involvement’ of families I mean activities that the parents conduct at home which directly or indirectly support their children’s learning.
Its evident that the family’s involvement in young children’s education may contribute not only to a smooth transition to elementary school for children, but also for parents, by helping their kids prepare for the later involvement in their children’s learning.
Do you want an answer to this important question :
How to help your child succeed at school?
Well! Here’s the answer:
1. Stay involved and feel free to contact your child’s teacher with your questions or concerns- It is extremely important for you as a parent to show enthusiasm and interest in your child’s life. The teacher should get the message across that you are completely involved in all the school activities. This will also give a confidence to you child that you care about what is happening out there.
2. Let the Goodbyes and greetings be special – Its clearly evident that if a parent hugs the child and bids goodbye to the child in a happy mode, the child carries the same enthusiasm and positivity inside the classroom.
3. Don’t talk negatively about your child’s teacher or school- I am sure we wouldn’t want to give a message across to our child that the school which he goes to or her teacher isn’t the best.
4. Ask your child about school and encourage her to talk about her day- This is yet another important activity to do during the day. The child should be encouraged to describe her day at school. This will help your child understand that you care about what happens at the school. Show enthusiasm when you are discussing.
5. Read with your child every night- Make this a habit. Reading is not only a great habit but also inculcating it in your everyday routine will help in the child’s brain development and its any day better than giving your child a gadget to entertain herself.
6. Make sure your child is getting plenty of sleep and is ready for school each day- I am sure all parents know the importance of sleep (and who knows it better than a toddler’s parent). A well slept child has a lot of energy during the school hours which helps the child to be active and concentrate in the school activities.
7. Help your child with his/her homework everyday- The parent’s involvement keeps the energy and enthusiasm level high in the child. The child feels more connected this way. Also the child gets the message that the parent is equally in it with her.
8. Teach your child to be responsible for her actions and her schoolwork- Encourage your child to be responsible. Keep repeating to her how important it is for her to follow instructions in the school and how important it is to follow the rules too.
Read: FUN MEMORIES ARE WHAT YOUR CHILD’S MEMORY BANK NEEDS
Read: CRAZY TALKING APPLES | COOL IDEA FOR SENDING FRUITS TO YOUR CHILD’S SCHOOL FOR HIS/HER BIRTHDAY
Get on a discovery session With Life Coach Preet and discover new horizons. Reach me on Instagram to book one to one session or a group session.
𝗜𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗔𝗰𝗰𝗿𝗲𝗱𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗱 ( 𝗖𝗲𝗿𝘁𝗶𝗳𝗶𝗲𝗱) 𝗡𝗲𝘂𝗿𝗼 𝗟𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘂𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗰 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗺𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 EXPERT (𝗡𝗟𝗣),𝗟𝗶𝗳𝗲 𝗖𝗼𝗮𝗰𝗵 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗸𝗶𝗱𝘀, 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗖𝗼𝗮𝗰𝗵 & COACH FOR TEACHERS
If you found this post helpful or if you know of someone who could benefit from this, please go ahead and share this.
Feel free to personally contact me on my Instagram account or at firstname.lastname@example.org for any personal support.
Also, don’t forget to share your views in the comment section below
Follow me on Social Media to stay connected:
very much needed tips for me as my kid has just started school.
Eat Healthy Stay Healthy 🙂
Thanks Myda.. I am glad I could help you… It means a lot
My kid would start preschool next year and I already have jitters. This post is helpful and gives me assurance that the transition won’t be too difficult.
Thanks for reading 😁. Wish you all the best.
this is a great read for new parents who are just getting in school mode.
Very useful post for new mothers. I loved the point where you highlight that the fact that criticism of the school or teacher in front of the kids is a NO NO. Brilliant post! Keep writing such informative posts. #MyFriendAlexa #DiaryOfAnInsaneWriter
Thank you so much 🙏
Beautifully penned down.. U have explained really very well.. I strongly believe with point2 & 3.Loved it and m surely gonna follow these points. Looking forward to read more such posts. Please write about what points to be consider while choosing preschool for ur kid.
Hey Anshika, so glad you found this helpful. I will definitely do this 🤗
Thanks for sharing these tips Preetjyot. I adore how you’re raising 2 smart and intelligent girls. Tips coming from are more than welcome.#MyFriendAlexa #CloudandSunshineReads
Thanks a bunch 🙏 You are too kind
Thanks for sharing this with me, my daughter started her school too and these tips are really helpful for me.
I’m so happy to hear that you found this helpful. All the best
This is very helpful for the post for all the mom’s, I haven’t u
Doing reading at night with my kids, but after reading your post ,I realise it necessary to read it everyday with them. Thanks
I would be sending my little one to preschool in few months these tips will surely help me.
Do let me know if these tips help.. All the best for the milestone.
Such positive words and they are so important to start kids off in school in the right way. It is surprising how some parents dont even know a few of these points. Glad you have written it all out.
I’m glad you find this helpful.
Small gestures make a big gateway in kids heart.
very helpful tips to support child in pre school
very informative post
Very useful tips for better growth of children
These are wonderful tips. Few of them are useful even for mums with quite elder kids. great post!
It’s true that even little children need all the love and support in the after-school hours. Reinforcing the concepts they have learnt at school makes the learning easier and the bonding better.
Thanks Sona. I am glad you resonate with the thought.
My son Will be starting preschool next year.. your suggestions are going to be very helpful that time.. although I wonder how do we define their success at such early age..
Thanks Akanksha. All the best for the milestone.
Agree… but along with encouraging them about school, i must say that schools have changed out here in India at least. Many schools stress on the overall development of the child so it’s not the same as it used to be when we were in school.
Schools have definitely changed, but the kids are the same right? Every child still needs encouragement and need to believe and understand how the school is a fun place where learning can be magical.
Being a mom of two, I can completely relate to this post and agree to each and every point mentioned here. Love the point “make goodbyes and greetings special” 🙂
Each and every point you have mentioned are so apt. It is very essential to train child since early childhood in order to inculcate good behaviour in kids well in advance.
Happy to know that our thoughts resonate.
That was a brilliant post. Turning everyday moments into teachable ones. And this begins at home.